I think its safe to say I have caught the running bug again. I go through phases. Phases when I am completely obsessed with running, then I start hurting and I have to back off, then I start doing videos and sometimes I get sick of working out all together….. But I have come full circle and found my deep love of running again. It’s so simple and highly effective.
We have a lovely little running trail in our neighborhood! I jogged/walked (so out of shape) 3 days last week, as well as today, and I plan on it tomorrow as well!
My old heart rate monitor started acting up so I got a new one! Nothing like a new gadget to motivate me to workout!
I also made a new playlist. Music fuels me more than food.
- Anything Can Happen – Ellie Goulding
- Blown Away – Carrie Underwood
- Catch My Breath – Kelly Clarkson (OOOOHHHH Kelly Clarkson!)
- Hang With Me – Robyn
- Hello, My Name Is – Matthew West
- Mirrors – Justin Timberlake ( I can’t stop listening to this! I am listening to it now as a matter of fact!)
- Next To Me – Emeli Sande (can’t stop this one either)
- Sweet Nothing (feat. Florence Welch) – Calvin Harris
- Times – Tenth Avenue North
- Wake Up- All Sons and Daughters
I feel so amazing, beautiful, confident, & on top of the world after a good run….Runner’s high maybe? I wish I could bottle it.
The Smoothie Gods have been kind to me lately as well. Listen, I have dumped many a concoctions down the sink. But lately, I am obsessed with this smoothie. I actually wrote down a recipe as well so I could recreate it! Mostly I just dump stuff in and pray for the best! <<<<—— clearly not a good technique.
It’s based on Dashing Dish protein shakes. It’s her Peanut Butter Maple version that I used as a guide.
This one has……
- 1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese
- ice (that I didn’t measure, possibly 1 cup of crushed ice? Follow her number if using cubes)
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla protein powder
- handful of spinach
- 2 tablespoons PB2
- 1 tablespoon sugar free butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 tsp. maple extract
- 1 packet Truvia
- 3/4 cup light vanilla soy milk ( I usually use unsweetened vanilla almond milk but ran out today )
As a side note:
A while back we found out Trixie has bladder stones and rather than pay $2,000 for surgery, we decided to try and manage them with diet. She started acting really strange last week but wasn’t presenting any of the symptoms we were told to look out for. Then one morning (about day 3 of the strange behavior) she came in from using the yard whimpering. That afternoon Jeremy took her in. I couldn’t bare the bad news I knew was coming. I asked that somehow God would intervene. I didn’t know how in the world he would, but I asked anyway. Jeremy came home and made the boys go to their rooms and brought me into our bedroom. I felt tears welling up and my throat closing. He said “They have to come out.” I said “We cant….” He said, “Dr. Franklin said he would do it for this….” Then he handed me a sheet of paper. The total was circled. $342 I was so overwhelmed with joy!!! TRIXIE LIVES!!!!!!
So Wednesday morning she is scheduled for surgery!